Rockford Area Arts Council – Job Posting
Arts and Culture Program Coordinator Full-time position
The Rockford Area Arts Council exists to support, promote, and develop access to the arts for everyone. The arts stretch across economic and social barriers, and, through member support, the Arts Council facilitates access to the arts for children, adults, and seniors. We achieve this goal by granting money to artists and arts organizations that oversee programs to under-served communities; supporting arts education and programming; developing collaborative relationships with the City of Rockford, the Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, Transform Rockford, and regional school districts; overseeing events that showcase local talent; and advocating for the arts at the local, state, and federal level. The Arts Council is the collective voice of individual artists and regional arts organizations; We believe in the transformative power of the arts and its ability to set the tone for a city’s creative and cultural infrastructure. The Arts Council utilizes our strategic partnerships every day, collaborating with municipal, corporate, and non-profit bodies to effectively serve our arts and culture community.
General Job Description:
The Arts and Culture Program Coordinator is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks related to the Rockford Area Arts Council’s programs, including, but not limited to, program planning, development, delivery, analysis, and budgeting + the training, evaluation, and supervision of program staff, instructors, and volunteers. The position also acts as liaison to other units within the Arts and Culture Sector—municipal departments, schools, and outside agencies as appropriate—for the purpose of planning and developing collaborative programming. The position of Program Coordinator requires the exercise of considerable initiative and independent judgment. The Arts and Culture Program Coordinator performs additional related duties, as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate program calendar, manage program activities, resources, supplies and
- Create data reports, pre- and post-programs, for grant applications, member reports, and public sharing.
- Liaise with City and County officials, public and private school districts, senior living facilities and community centers to identify and define objectives, scope, challenges, and vision for potential programs.
- Provide Office Manager with grant deadlines, program dates, and essential
- Prepare presentations about our current programs and
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google, and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing skills
- Effective time management
- Multi-tasking + pro-active
- Demonstrate initiative
- Demonstrate stellar organizational skills
- A keen interest to work in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
- WordPress experience a plus!
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Extensive programming experience
- Bilingual is a plus!
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Consistent on-site work for Arts Council programs involving lifting, transport, errands,
- Primarily office environments, with program-site requirements
- Substantial amounts of communications—email, phone, and in-person—and computer work
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary range is $39,500-$46,500 and commensurate with experience
- Benefits include 10 days PTO, 2 personal days, 3 days sick, 14 holidays
- Health Insurance options offered
- Perks include the week of Christmas to the New Year is paid time off and flexible time available upon request
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to Mary@artsforeveryone.com by September 24th, 2021.