ArtScene and First Fridays
ArtScene is a regional, biannual, gallery walk hosted at over 30 locations throughout Winnebago County. During ArtScene weekends, existing galleries, and pop-up galleries alike, display and sell the work of dozens of local artists. Admission to every venue is free and open to the public–ArtScene is an ideal event for getting to know local artists and purchasing their most recent work.
First Fridays serve as a traditional downtown event in Rockford; the opening of shops, galleries, and restaurants featuring local artist’s work, is a much anticipated monthly happening.
Spring ArtScene 2021
The Arts Council is thrilled to announce the return of ArtScene to the Rockford Region! ArtScene, a biannual gallery walk, is hosted by the Arts Council, featuring new and established artists of the Rockford Region. Visitors to ArtScene are welcome at any of the venues listed—there is no admission fee and all are welcome. All participating venues are adhering to the current Winnebago County Health Department COVID-guidelines and require masks.
ArtScene offers a wide variety of art to appreciate and purchase including jewelry, paintings, sculpture, prints, photography, quilts/fiber art, and more! Artists are available for conversation—sharing the approach and inspiration for their work. Select venues have food and beverages available for their visitors, at no cost, and most surrounding restaurants and shops are open for your enjoyment.
Spring ArtScene 2021 is April 23 and 24—5-9 p.m. on Friday night and 4-9 p.m. on Saturday night. All venues will have maps/artist listings for visitors.
Venue locations include (*new venue):
- *304 Main: 304 N Main St, Rockford IL 61101
- 317 Art Collective: 317 Market St, Rockford IL 61107
- Bennie’s Cleaners: 126 N 1st St, Rockford, IL 61107
- City Hall: 425 E State St, Rockford, IL 61104
- Electric Union Records: 321 N Church St, Rockford, IL 61101
- GEM: Gather, Engage, Make: 406 E State St, Rockford IL 61104
- *Here (Fatherless): 727 1st Ave, Rockford IL 61104
- Kortman Gallery: 107 N Main St, Rkfd IL 61101
- *Meta Beauty Collective: 2209 E State St, Rockford IL 61104
- *Nancie King Mertz: 905 Ridgewood Rd, Rockford IL 61107
- Rockford MakerSpace: 203 N Church St, Rockford IL 61101
- Smith & Sons: 315 Market St, Rockford IL 61107
- TEST SITE: 213 N 3rd St, Rockford, IL 61107
- The Irish Rose: 519 E State St, Rockford IL 61104
- *The Milk House Art Show at Pioneer Hall: 121 S Madison St, Rockford IL 61104
- The Underground: 418 E State St, Rockford IL 61104
- Veterans Memorial Hall: 211 N Main St, Rockford IL 61101
- *Visitor Center for Frank Lloyd Wright’s Laurent House: 4627 Spring Brook Rd, Rkfd6111